How many hours a day will I have class?
This depends on how many credits you are taking. Most semesters students taking a full credit load will be in class four to five hours a day. This will leave you plenty of free time to explore the city!

What will my schedule be?
For now you can check with our website, www.ics-seville.org. Here you will find the schedules of those courses offered at  ICS as well as those at the University of Seville. Once you arrive, all students are scheduled to meet with the Director or Academic Director of ICS. You will then discuss in full your course selection and schedule.



What is are my two housing options? When you come to Seville, you can choose living in a homestay or living in a “residencia”. They are similar in some aspects In both living arrangements students receive meals, laundry and cleaning. Likewise, the physical structure of where you will be living is similar in both a family and a residence situation. Like their European counterparts, most Spaniards live in apartment buildings. All ICS housing is supervised and all students are expected to comply with the same rules and there is no difference in cost.

The homestays that work with ICS can consist of a married couple with children; a single woman (separated, divorced, widowed) with children; or an older couple whose children do or do not live at home. We house only one to two students per family.

Residences are apartments run  by a woman or a couple who lives there. As a rule, ICS houses a maximum of four students per residence. Most students who sign up to live in a residence prefer less one-to-one contact with a Spanish family.

Can I pick my roommate or live with a friend?
Yes. All you need to do is inform ICS Housing Director of your roommate preference. The sooner you contact her, the more options you will have available to you. Students should take note that housing for couples and co-ed housing is limited as is housing that can accommodate groups of friends (4 students or more).

How many meals are included?
All ICS housing includes three meals a day – breakfast, lunch and dinner. Snacks, in between meals, are not included nor are foods outside the typical Spanish diet. Students with food allergies such as gluten or lactose intolerance need to purchase special food items they may need (ex. soy milk).

How far will I live from ICS?
ICS collaborates only with those homes that are located within a reasonable radius of the school. Most homes are found in the same small neighborhood of “El Porvenir”. Others may be in adjoining neighborhoods, but  they are at a walking or short bus ride’s distance. Fortunately, for these students, transportation is never a problem. The municipal bus and bicycle service in Seville is reliable and fairly inexpensive. The bicycle year pass costs €28,20. Students who do decide to use bus and bicycle services during the semester should calculate this expense into the total of their semester budget.



Will I have Internet access?
The ICS building is equipped with a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection for those students who decide to bring their laptops. Wi-Fi access is free. There are also many cafes throughout the city with free wifi access. All ICS  homestays have internet access, as well.



What should I do if I do not arrive on one of the designated group flights?
You should contact the ICS Housing Director, Ms. Gina de los Santos (housing@ics-seville.org) to get your housing assignment prior to arrival. Once in the Seville airport, you will need to get your luggage, go through customs and get a taxi to your home. There is a flat rate of 22 euros from the airport to the metropolitan area in the day and 24 euros after 10 p.m. Tipping is not necessary.

Are there organized excursions?
Every semester the ICS offers students the opportunity to take four distinct trips throughout the region. Two individual day trips are organized to the cities of Córdoba and Jerez with Bolonia or Ronda. One overnight trip is organized to the city of Granada and one weekend (two nights) is dedicated to Morocco, North Africa. Trips include transportation on first class buses, guided tours in English of the major monuments, entrance fees and hotels in Granada and Morocco. An ICS staff member accompanies the group on all of the trips.

Will I be able to use my electrical appliances in Spain?
You must use them with an adapter (which you can purchase in the U.S or here) or bring appliances with dual voltage. The voltage in Spain is 220 W. Most students find that battery-operated alarm clocks and radios are easier to move about.

What is the food like?
The food in Spain is natural and delicious. While the appearance and presentation are often different from what many students are used to, the prime ingredients are almost always familiar. Take a look at the Spanish Cuisine section of our website.

Do I need a Visa?
If you are a US student coming for J-term or Summer semesters, no.
If you are a US student coming for Spring or Fall semesters or an entire academic year, yes. Please check with your sponsoring institution and/or the Spanish Embassy or nearest Consulate for more information. 


Facebook IconYouTube IconTwitter IconVisit Our Instagram